Sunday, May 8, 2011

It’s hard to be inspiring when you’re an intramural sports coach

Coach: Ok team, get excited because this is biggest game of the season! Today is the day we become world champions of the Intermediate Bracket 2 Level 3 Co-Ed Soccer League! Now, Johnson. . .you’re going to be vital to our strategy and. . .wait, where’s Johnson?

Joe: I think he had a test tomorrow so he’s not coming.

Coach: To the championship? Well, no matter. For the rest of you, get pumped because today is the day we will be forever remembered in the annals of the intramural log book down at the office! Today we are going to show our rivals the (looks at sheet). . .the Mike’s Other Shoe’s how WE play the game!

Joe: Um. . .coach? I think Mike’s Other Shoe switched divisions so we aren’t playing them anymore. I think we’re playing the 69 Machine now.

Coach: Well, fine. Whoever we play, the important thing is to give it your all out there for every minute of game time, whether that is 40 minutes, or a few minutes less because a class needs our field. Let’s go out and get those intramural champion t-shirts!

Joe: Um. . .coach?

Coach: God what now?

Joe: Well. . .I think Wendy at the office said they are out of t-shirts for the rest of the year.

Coach: No t-shirts?! Well. . .it doesn’t even matter team, because we play for the love of the game! Ah. . .who am I kidding. . .I really just wanted the t-shirt. I’m out of here.

Joe: Does this mean I should text Max and tell him not to pick up those Gatorades for your victory dousing?

Coach: I still want the dousing.

No comments:

Post a Comment