Monday, August 22, 2011

Why you should never mock a magician


Magician: Ok kids, who wants to see a great trick? I’m now going to make a quarter disappear behind Stacey’s ear! Everyone watch closely!

(The Magician performs the trick)

Crowd of Kids: Ooooohh! Ahhhhhh!

Magician: Thanks kids!

Tommy: (to crowd) Really guys? Really? (to magician) That trick was lame. You just kept the quarter in your hand the whole time. Anyone could do that.

Magician (slightly flustered): Well, I don’t really think anyone could do it, but anyway kids now I’ve got a trick you’re really going to love! Check out this rabbit in my top hat. But now. . .when I wave my magic wand. . .

Tommy: Um. . .let me guess. . .the rabbit disappears?

Magician: That was a rhetorical question young Tommy! Anyway, when I wave my magic wand. . .the rabbit does disappear!

(Magician shows off his empty top hat. Some kids clap but other kids are now skeptical)

Tommy: Boo! Obviously the the rabbit is still inside the hat.You’re not a magician--you’re a fraud! And is it really healthy to keep a rabbit locked inside a hat?

Susie (saddened): The rabbit is locked inside the hat???

Magician (getting more flustered): Of course not Susie! (The rabbit peaks its head out and the magician quickly stuffs it back in) Tommy. . .I’m losing a little bit of patience here. . .

Tommy: Yeah well PETA is losing a little bit of respect for magicians like you so I guess we’re even.

Magician (now angry): Ok Tommy, you want to do things this way? Why don’t you step right on stage for my next trick?

Tommy (sarcastically): Oh no. . .what’s the big bad magician going to do to me?

Magician (now smirking): Kids, for my next trick. . .I will make Tommy’s self-respect disappear!

Tommy: Ha ha. . .wait my what?

Magician: Hey Tommy, why can’t you find the toilet at night?

Tommy: Huh?

Magician: I don’t know, but you sure do wet the bed a lot!

Tommy (slightly flustered): I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Magician: Oh sure Tommy. . .just like you don’t know where your mommy goes every
weekend?

Tommy: Ok, this is getting a little weird now.

Magician: Ha ha. . .we’re just getting started Tommy. . .for my next and final trick, I will make Tommy’s parents’ marriage disappear!

Tommy (nervously): Fine, fine you win. . .you really are a great magician. Just leave my parents alone!

Magician (devilishly): No can do Tommy! The papers are already drawn up!

(The rabbit suddenly jumps out of the magician’s hat and scampers away)

Tommy (sarcastically): Well if you are as bad at making marriages disappear as anything else, I guess I don’t have THAT much to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment