Thursday, August 18, 2011

Why girls take so long to get ready


Mike and Joe sit at a table for 4 at a fancy Italian restaurant.
   
Mike (looks at watch): Gosh, where are they? They’re an hour late.
Joe: You know girls. They’re always late.

At Susan’s apartment. . .

Susan (singing as she brushes her hair): Girls just want to have fun! Hey Rachel, are you almost ready?

Rachel: Yeah, almost. I just have to blow dry my hair, put on mascara, wax my cuticles, put on lipstick, iron my shirt, wash the lipstick off, put on blush, and then reapply the lipstick. Then I’m ready!

Susan: Oh, is that all? I’ve got a lot more than that to do!

At the restaurant. . .

Mike (looking intensely at watch): Is it just me, or are they really taking this long? What could they possibly be doing?

Joe: No idea. How long did it take us to get ready?

Mike: 15 minutes. But we were going pretty slow today.

At Susan’s apartment. . .

Rachel: Ok, I’m ready! (looks at Susan). Wait, is THAT what you’re wearing? Now I have to put something else on. Here, let me go try on everything in my closet again.

Susan: No problem. I need a few more hours anyway.

At the restaurant. . .

Mike: So. . .should we just order?

Joe: Oh, I went ahead and ordered while you were in the bathroom.

Mike: You sneak attacked ordered???

Joe: Yeah, but don’t worry--I got you breadsticks.

Mike: Ok cool.

At Susan’s apartment. . .

Rachel: Ok, let’s head out. I’m feeling good! Woo!

Susan: Wooo! So. . .where’s the restaurant?
Rachel: I dunno. Which restaurant are we even going to?

Susan: I don’t know. I think it’s that one near the palm trees and outlet malls.

Rachel: Oh yeah, the one with the great wine right?

Susan: Yeah, that one!

At the restaurant. . .

Mike (in between bites): This really is rude of the girls.

Joe: You’re right. We should tell them that this is unacceptable.

Mike: Oh don’t you worry. I’m going to give them a piece of my mind when they get here. You might have to hold me back.

(The girls arrive.)

Susan: Hey Mike!

Rachel: Hey Joe!

Mike: Do you girls realize what time it is?

Susan (makes sexy puppy dog face): No. . .what time is it baby?

Mike: Um. . .well it’s actually. . .I mean it’s kinda. . .damn you’re hot.

Joe: So hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment