Saturday, June 25, 2011

They say you only have to learn 3 guitar chords to get laid at a party


Mike (strums guitar): Yeah! Woo hoo! Who’s ready for Free Bird?

Steve: Hey Mike, what are you up to? Just rocking out?

Mike: Yeah man, just wooing the ladies with my sweet guitar skillz. (whispers) I just picked it up last night, but don’t tell them that.

Steve: Nice. I love those two chords. Great choices. What’s your third chord?

Mike: What do you mean? I’m just jamming to the G and D chords man!

Steve: Ha ha Mike great joke. Seriously though--what’s your third chord?

Mike: Huh? They say you can get laid at a party if you only know 2 chords, so that’s all I learned dude!

Steve: Christ, you really don’t know a third chord do you? Crap, there’s Rachel. . .hide the guitar hide the guitar!

(Rachel walks over before Mike can do anything)

Rachel: Hey guys. Wow Mike, cool guitar. What can you play?

Mike: Well, let me show you, even though STEVE probably won’t be impressed.

(Steve starts shaking his head furiously as he stands behind Rachel. Mike plays the two chords he knows in an interesting pattern. He finishes with a bravado arm motion)

Rachel: Are you going to start playing soon?

Mike: Huh? I thought I just was playing. . .

Rachel: Oh, I just didn’t hear your third chord yet. Does that come in soon?

Steve: Yeah Mike, does it?

Mike: Um. . .well mostly it’s just those first 2 chords.

Rachel: You really only know 2 chords?

Mike: Yeah. . .G and D. . .

Rachel: You’re not getting laid tonight. Also, by association, neither is Steve.

(Rachel walks away quickly)

Steve (glaring): See what you did?

Mike: Wow, I wonder what I could get if I learned 4 chords.

No comments:

Post a Comment